Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Spring is coming!

The long cold winter days are starting to get fewer and farther between. We have a few warm days here and there and the precipitation forecasts are for rain and storms not for snow and ice. Yes I know it is still possible for snow and ice but less chance that it stays on the ground for more than a day. Did I ever tell you how much I do not like winter? I know I live in an area that it happens every year, but I am sure I was born for the south and raised in the midwest.

Yesterday I noticed in the sitters yard that the green of the tulips were poking through the ground. I am starting to see some green. That means life is returning from that dormant winter state to the new life of Spring. This along with summer time is my favorite time of year. I love to see the cute baby animals snuggling with their moms, the smell of the new life, flowers, trees, etc, and most of all the Easter season and what that means to me and my family.

This time of year also brings lots of fun days for Jared to be outside and play. He loves to go outside and ride his gator, fly kites, swing on the swing set, and he is wanting to play soccer.

Come on warm weather and get here.

No comments: