Friday, January 30, 2009

Terrible Week!

As many of you know the weather in Springfield and the surrounding area has not been the greatest! We had ice beginning on Monday that lasted until Tuesday and then we got 4 inches of snow on top of that. Living in the sticks has proven to be a challenge to get around. Our roads are still covered with 4 inches of snow and ice. We may never see pavement again!!!

Well too make things worse, on Sunday of last week we came home about 5 pm after being gone all day to find that our house had been broken into. If this has ever happened to you, you know the feeling of absolute violation. Even though they didn't take too much they took things that meant more to us than the expensive things they could have taken. I don't know where people get the thrill of taking something that is not theirs or taking something that they know means something to someone. I just can't get my grips around this. So to say the least we are very jumpy and are very mad!

I just pray that whoever did finds their punishment some day and then comes to the realization of God and the blessings He provides. Because there is a song that played on the Wind radio station as I was going to my moms on Sunday that says something to the words of

"I am blessed,I am blessed,From when I rise up in the morning,'Till I lay my head to rest,And I feel you near me,You sooth me when I'm weary.Oh, Lord,For all the worst and all the best,I am blessed."

The break in could have been a lot worse, we could have been there or been hurt, we could have lost more things or more damage done so all in all it is just a scary situation and a wake up call to be very careful.

No comments: